10 Great Tips to Boost Providers Charting Productivity by 35%
Providers’ charting includes heavy documentation and is considered tedious by physicians all around the world. Especially in the US, the burden of documentation is high among physicians.
Studies indicate that an average of 11-14 hours per week is being spent on admin tasks by physicians and the burnout symptoms are increasing among them. Many tech tools like EHRs, patient engagement software, RCM solutions, smart speech-to-text technologies, etc, are helping physicians to capture patient encounters, document, and complete charting faster.
The Ultimate Reality Check
It all starts from the point where a patient encounter happens and information is gathered by physicians. This is unavoidable and is the basic element of superior care. The technologies that help capture patient encounters have regularly developed in the last two decades.
Many EHRs and EMRs provide integrated solutions with many advanced features like speech-to-text, voice recognition, etc. Tools like Dragon and on-site scribes are used by many practices to capture patient encounters. The ultimate goal here is to save time for physicians and make sure of the efficient and accurate completion of documentation.
Digging Into The Problem
Innovating ways to improve patient encounter technologies alone cannot save time for providers but can deliver better patient care. For example, a smartphone-based voice capture solution when integrated with an advanced EHR can help busy providers save time by being the most cost-effective and efficient tool.
This type of tool help physicians to communicate faster and document easier. This allows physicians to see more patients and spend more time on detailed examination and document efficiently the patient encounter in the EHR for better patient care. Studies say that an integrated smartphone application with an EHR saves time for providers and allows them to see 35% more patients on any day.
Unraveling The Secret Tips To Improve Provider Charting Productivity
- Using a dictating app saves time for physicians
- Using evidence-based care plans help
- Studying your EHR completely helps you skip rituals
- Making EHR charting a team project helps
- Allowing patients to document through patient portals will cut down time and increase patient satisfaction
- Automating charting processes speeds up documentation
- Eliminating the unwanted information saves time and effort for physicians
- Do the respective charting as soon as you complete an encounter, this avoids confusion at the end of the day and reduces workload
- Get consent for risky procedure documentation to avoid law suites in the future
- Documenting refusal of care and non-compliance from the side of patients saves you from law suites.
Cloud-Based EHR Software From Vozo
Vozo cloud-based EHR software provides a sophisticated, customizable, and integrated EHR specially made to save physicians and practices from documentation burdens adn burnout. VozoEHR acts as the backbone for all your practice needs. We tailor features specially to correct and speed up your workflow, enable you to provide special quality care, and improve the provider’s charting productivity.
Vozo EHR is integrated with;
- Easy and complete EMR with customizable charting & reporting, e-prescribing, advanced security, an effective patient portal, lab integration, coding and billing, document management, medical billing dashboards, and cloud hosting.
- Comprehensive RCM with integrated billing solutions, RCM dashboard, denial management, payment posting, payer follow-up, and claim submission.
- Complete practice management with telehealth solutions, online patient portal, encounter, and charting, online scheduling, eligibility check, comprehensive scheduling, secure chat system, and insurance verification.
- Advanced telehealth with EHR integration, online appointment scheduling, flexible appointment reminders, virtual waiting room, HIPAA compliance, clinical documentation, video conferencing, and instant chat messaging.
- Automated medical billing with insurance eligibility verification, electronic remittance, electronic superbill, payment reminders, patient billing, claim processing, financial management, physician scheduling, code and charge entry, and document repository.
With Vozo’s EHR integration and customization services, you can filter and tailor features according to your practice’s exact need and necessity without spending too much money and increasing clinical productivity at the same time.
“Relieve yourself from the documentation burnout and increase the charting productivity by 35% with us”