5 Quests To Ask Yourself Before Integrating Labs With Your Behavioral Health EHRs
In this technological and advanced world, upgradation from a paper-based system is mandatory for every industry, especially the healthcare spectrum.
- Behavioral health facilities require the latest technologies for meeting the requirements of patients and must go through this “paper to electronic” transformation as soon as possible.
- Lab integration is the most important integration the behavioral health facilities need to be upgraded with.
So let us ask you a vital question here.
Are you still using the paper-based system for attaining lab results at your behavioral health facility?
If yes, you are standing on a thread. We provide you with 5 unrevealed questions yet for you to answer and understand the need for upgrading to an EHR with lab integration.
Plus Points Of A Highly Functional Behavioral Health EHR
The world has been so much advanced at present. The technological transformation of healthcare, in particular, should be marked as a milestone. Electronic Health Record (EHR) software is growing daily and has gained more additions and benefits to it than at the start.
Lab integration is now a common function for minimalist EHR software. Even though highly interoperable EHRs have become the “golden standard” still there are some providers following the paper systems.
Let us enlighten you - You are missing out on the most efficient and accurate workflow you can enjoy without proper electronic lab integration.
To help you get out of this situation, we would like to open your eyes by showing you how much an EHR’s lab integration can remodel the entire clinical and treatment process.
The plus points of a highly functional EHR for lab management are;
- Predictive analysis
- Patient engagement
- Easy reimbursement process
- Cloud-based storage
- Increased profitability
- Ease of use
Quests That Would Make You Think Twice Before Choosing
1. Does this software makes the review process easy?
Reviewing of the lab results directly in the platform is allowed by most of the EHR lab integrations.
- However, during the review process, the method of streamlining by each EHRs can vary to a great extent.
- The EHR first should send the results to the provider who ordered for a review.
- The platform should allow the provider to mark it as reviewed if the results are normal.
- A highly functional EHR stands unique in how it enables the required processes for abnormal results.
An Effective Lab integration tool facilitates the following;
- It allows users to graph and trend values to detect patient progress.
- Visualizations of complex results help providers and patients track treatments.
- It lets users exchange results to send opinions and reviews.
- Both the user and the receiver save time.
- Promotes efficient workflow.
- Facilitates requests for follow-up tasks/tests based on the results.
- Results in taking timely and prompt treatment decisions.
2. How is the insurance complaint?
Labs are now so expensive that the insurance companies have increased their documentation demands drastically. The insurance companies have strengthened their standards significantly.
Exhibiting the review process is very vital to obtaining the necessary reimbursement. Your existing EHR or the one you are planning to get must compulsorily have the ability to display the appropriate individual results. It must contain two of the most important lab integration functions ever.
- Seizing the diagnosis for the lab at the time of order entry
- Seizing the medical requirements for the lab test
- These are done easier with effective EHRs by producing them in a visible and accessible manner.
- These capturing poses as proof of an adequate review process.
- For utmost compliance and efficiency, a complete lab integration interface delegates a space for physicians to capture these data on the spot when they order labs.
An EHR platform that can present rigid documentation of the review process, can turn the insurance reimbursement process and insurance audits into an easy and painless one.
3. How easy is it to use?
A practical clinical environment can be frantic. Between this, its EHR lab integration tools should be instinctive and easy to use. Effective and highly functional EHRs can do this in a swift.
An effective EHR lab integration should allow test orders in bulk so that the clinic can work with multiple patients at once without wasting time on each. Quality lab integrations facilitate batch labs, and order lab panels, individually and together.
- Batch labs: The process of ordering tests in a batch for one patient.
- Lab panels: The forethought sets of common labs utilized to find the general health status of a patient.
The physician should be able to order a set of regular tests to obtain a basic idea of a patient’s health or submit a few particular labs to collect specific information on a patient’s condition with just a few clicks.
4. Does it facilitate patient engagement?
Highly functional EHRs with integrated patient portals can allow patients to own their health data. An effective EHR with lab integration can show patients original reports that a physician sees.
- A patient can access and view their actual labs.
- This increases patient satisfaction and progresses treatment outcomes.
- But the absence of any standardized format for providing results to a facility, the patients cannot always understand the reports.
- Some reports may be sent back as PDF documents, some as a link to an HTML page, and others may send raw data.
- These variations can make things tricky.
This can be solved by effective EHRs. They can blend a patient’s results for them regardless of the format. The results will then be legible and understandable to the patients.
5. Does it support cloud-based storage?
Cloud-based storage is the most recent highly popular and easiest way to save and retrieve health data. Access to lab data by multiple users is allowed with cloud-based storage.
Cloud-based EHRs maintain all their health data in a centralized cloud location. This system does not require any additional hardware and software so it allows the facility to reduce the total cost of ownership.
Cloud-based storage allows easy electronic exchange of lab reports and information within and across different laboratories of different locations with the help of the Laboratory information management system (LIMS). The information will be accessible anywhere, anytime.
A cloud-based EHR system with an integrated lab ensures data integrity and protects the confidentiality of data via authentication mechanisms.
Switch To The Best EHR Software For Advanced Integrations
Behavioral health EHRs with lab integrations make administrative and operational tasks easier for clinical facilities. The patients and their caretakers can view, access, and understand the lab reports directly on the platform. This reduces medical errors, misallocations, wrong medications, and more.
Answering the above questions will allow you to find which place of advancement are you in. If you do not have such an efficient behavioral health EHR or specialty EHR, or want to switch to a promising EHR, we are here to help you.
“Welcome to Vozo! The perfect place to get a hold of the best EHR software”.
VozoEHR provides the most secure cloud-based EHR software that enables you to take care of your;
- Patient's medical records
- Automate lab orders
- Submit superbills and
- Secure sharing of information in just a few clicks.
Our EHR dashboards;
- Improves workflow efficiency
- Simplifies documentation process
- Speeds up collaboration and coordination between providers and staff.
Our cloud-based EHR’s integrated features’ effective charting will capture all your patient visits. It helps you to easily create;
- Progress notes
- Lab orders
- Prescribe medication
- Clinical decision support.
It supports advanced interoperability solutions, practice analytics, e-prescribing, and paperless documentation and exchange.
The most important thing provided by us that can turn your table around is our “Specialty EHR” and we specialize in “Behavioral Health”.
Our mission is to make a difference by delivering high-quality health IT solutions to our customers and to make them feel satisfied with our trustworthy service. We focus on delivering healthcare solutions right from behavioral health, and medical billing to the patient portal as per the needs and requirements of healthcare providers. Our mobile applications can let you access and be engaged all time, anywhere!
“Get the best cloud-based and lab-integrated EHR with full-on compliance and security with us”