DICOM: Solving 6 complicated challenges with simple solutions
DICOM has transformed the way healthcare and the people who depend on it see medical images.
It has provided key tools for clinical diagnosis & analysis and improved the treatment processes to great extent. DICOM now is ever-present in the medical imaging world. It covers departments from radiology, and cardiology, to dentistry and veterinary medicine.
Today, we are going to see the challenges the healthcare realm faces of medical images and the solutions that can easily eradicate them.
Challenge No 1: Disorganized workflow
- Traditionally filing, retrieval, and transmitting of data and files were done manually and was tiresome.
- DICOM made image retrieval faster by physicians and provided the ability to access images remotely.
- They can now work more quickly than ever.
Challenge No 2: Troubled data accessibility
- Systems that are compliant with DICOM provide a more easy, convenient, and organized regulation & control of health data.
- Patient health data can be accessed via a single point.
- The images will be integrated into the health facility's databases of DICOM images and data.
Challenge No 3: Large storage space
- The need for physical storage is removed.
- DICOM’s imaging information systems digitally save medical images and data with the utmost security.
Challenge No 4: Limited patient care & diagnosis
- DICOM eases access to health information and provision for better diagnosis.
- DICOM-compliant devices ensure high interoperability worldwide.
- This makes distance education, telediagnosis, consultation, and diagnosis easily possible.
- These improve the diagnosis process and patient care.
Challenge No 5: High costs
- DICOM stores medical images and data digitally thus requiring less physical space.
- Digital storage is less expensive than hard-copy films thus reducing the costs involved.
- DICOM is cost-effective and offers space benefits over old film archives.
Challenge No 6: Access to versatile services
- DICOM offers extra services like printing images on film or DVDs, managing imaging procedure worklists, disclosing archiving and procedure status, CAD results, encrypting datasets, encoding ECGs, and more.
- Diagnostic monitors in DICOM-compliant imaging devices ease the visualization of images when compared to the old method of lightbox viewing.
Interoperability Solutions from Vozo
Vozo interoperability solutions ease data sharing and drive seamless care & better health outcomes. By supporting timely clinical decisions Vozo improves practice workflows by lowering costs.
Our FHIR framework ensures the complete security of your IT systems and provides access to data beyond systems. Our solutions are delivered with an open-source integration engine that integrates with your existing systems to provide fast and secure data exchange. We provide all the required tools & capabilities that enable your organization to support data access by third-party applications.
“Unite with us to overcome interoperability challenges with our interoperability solutions & rise to be the first”