Know The Cost Of Developing A Patient Portal In Minutes
While working on or developing any app or software the first thought that would strike the user is “the cost”. A patient portal's development cost depends upon your chosen platform: the features, design, integrations, involvements, and the developer’s decided rate.
The average cost for developing a patient portal range from $100,000 to $145,000. This price range is calculated based on the basic features available.
Approximate Cost Allocations
This average cost estimation can be allocated based on the features or functions;
- $18,000 $21,000 for EHR integration.
- $5,000 to $15,000 on compliance and security reinforcement.
- $5,000 to $15,000 on appointment scheduling functionality.
- $15,000 to $30,000 on basic live chat sporting media file exchange.
- $10,000 to $15,000 for requesting medication refills online (pharmacy integration is not included).
- $5,000 to $15,000 on integrating an educational materials section.
The above-mentioned are just approximated. The costs also include the expenses connected to the development of a custom content management system that supports many services and operational tasks, including alert messaging and content moderation. These functionalities may approximately push the cost up by 20% to 30%.
RELATED: Patient Engagement: The Patient Portal Of Modern Age
Know The Types Of Patient Portal To Start With
Patient portal development happens under two major categories;
1. In-house portals
A consolidated system that serves to fulfill the individual needs of any large hospital chains or healthcare providers like pharmaceutical chains, big hospitals, and laboratories with a variety of facilities with a large number of outlets across the country or state.
A customized and integrated patient portal can facilitate standardized procedures for patient care and provide outstanding services regardless of location.
2. Independent platforms
Serves multiple healthcare providers by gathering them on a single platform. It can bring many hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs together under a simple shelter within a limited environment, to begin with.
After gaining the trust of providers and patients, it slowly expands to cover more states and cities.
Criteria To Be Considered While Choosing
Answer the questions asked below before choosing the type of patient portal software. The costs and other features will be based on the type you choose.
- Do you need to connect the new system to your legacy equipment and applications?
- Are you ready to alter your internal processes?
- What is the level of support you will need from your vendor?
- How much is your budget for the initial investment?
- What is your practice’s size?
- Are you planning to expand?
- Are you planning to offer new services?
- How much time are you planning to put into research, development, deployment, and customization?
- What type of ownership do you want?
Patient Portal Development Cost
The exact cost of developing a patient portal also depends on the size of the team, the time required for completion, and the technologies that are involved in the process.
1. Development team
- 2-3 (1-2 for the front end & 1 for the back end)developers plus a QA specialist and a project manager will be needed for developing a basic patient portal with some vital features.
- The average annual wage of a front-end developer in the US is up to $105,000, at least $8K a month.
- The Project’s average duration will be around 2-3 months and hiring freelance developers for three months will cost around $70,000-$80,000 and in-house specialists will cost more.
2. Duration of the project
- Depending on the profile, team size, and project execution, the duration of the project can vary from 3 to 6 months on average.
- A highly customized patient portal will require engagement from senior software engineers. This adds to the pile of development costs.
To summarize, a comprehensive patient portal software development may cost about $40,000 to $60,000 per project with an average duration of 3 to 6 months.
Meeting Budget And Professionalism At Once Through Tech Partnerships
Developing a professional patient portal under the desired cost is very easy with a nearshore or offshore software development options. If you are looking for a perfect app and full value for your money you should go for tech partnerships or collaborations. Some of the advantages of project partnerships are;
- Development costs at affordable rates: Vendors with technology partnership services provide clients the top-rated services at reasonable costs. They will be available round the clock for any technical queries and assistance. The team can cost you an estimate of $30,000-$40,000, lesser than hiring freelancers.
- Get hold of the best talents: Tech partnership means hiring talents on a global level. This will help you reach thousands and more diverse specialists with an intense set of skills and expertise in the required and variety of fields. Hiring a dedicated development team will let you rest.
- Increased scalability: Scaling your team to the core is very easy regardless of whether it’s offshore or nearshore. Tech partnerships allow a variety of cooperation models from a highly dedicated team to staff augmentation. You can select the most efficient solution perfect for your patient portal development.
Patient Portal Software From Vozo
Vozo patient portal software has incredibly empowered patients with advanced & simplified portal features including secure one-to-one messaging, easy appointment scheduling, access to lab reports, record consultations, requesting and refilling e-prescriptions, and a healthcare resource.
- Integration or implementation issues?
- Doubting the support system?
- Looking for a portal under your budget?
- Switching or upgrading to the Vozo patient portal?
- Finding troubles with usage or functions?
- Facing an issue with getting patients to opt-in?
- Security concerns?
- Vozo patient portal software can be easily implemented & integrated with any EHR system & improve practice workflow and boosts productivity.
- Our team of professional are readily available 24/7 to get things done for you no matter what’s your practice size.
- Vozo patient portal fits your budget perfectly with monthly subscription plans.
- Switching to our portal is a very simple process, you won’t even need any assistance.
- We provide various step-by-step tutorials and assistance to get you on track with the portal.
- Our portal is simple to use and understandable to all. Once they get to try this then there will be no turning back.
- Our portal has privacy and security safeguards in place.
Vozo Patient Portal has tremendously simplified patients' access to healthcare. Start the journey with us for achieving optimum patient engagement.
“Let’s empower your patients with the best cost-effective patient portal, together”